- Jesus arrested, bound, taken before Pilate
- Judas returns coins and kills himself
- Jesus is asked if He’s the king of the Jews
- Barabbus released
- What should we do with Jesus, crowd replies Crucify
- Soldiers mock, place crown of thorns
- Jesus carries the cross, then He is crucified.
- Mathew records 3 specific things Jesus cries out Father why have you forsaken me, He is given a sponge with vinegar, then Jesus gives up His spirit.
Matthew 27: 51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split 52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life. 53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
- Curtain of separation is torn
- the dead come out of tombs
- the dead appear to many
54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of
57 As evening approached, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who had himself become a disciple of Jesus. 58 Going to Pilate, he asked for Jesus’ body, and Pilate ordered that it be given to him. 59 Joseph took the body, wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, 60 and placed it in his own new tomb that he had cut out of the rock. He rolled a big stone in front of the entrance to the tomb and went away. 61 Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were sitting there opposite the tomb.
The Guard at the Tomb
62 The next day, the one after Preparation Day, the chief priests and the Pharisees went to Pilate. 63 “Sir,” they said, “we remember that while he was still alive that deceiver said, ‘After three days I will rise again.’ 64 So give the order for the tomb to be made secure until the third day. Otherwise, his disciples may come and steal the body and tell the people that he has been raised from the dead. This last deception will be worse than the first.”
65 “Take a guard,” Pilate answered. “Go, make the tomb as secure as you know how.” 66 So they went and made the tomb secure by putting a seal on the stone and posting the guard.
- There is not a lock big enough to seal the tomb
- No matter the size of the guard He’s coming out
- Don’t let anyone seal your tomb, seal your praise, or seal your potential.
—Be Blessed!Rev. Dr. Nick GarzaB<(D) John 3:30