Jesus Feeds the Four Thousand
29 Jesus left there and went along the Sea of Galilee. Then he went up on a mountainside and sat down. 30 Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them.
31 The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel.
- Great Crowds
- Great Needs
- Great Healer
- Great Healing
- Great Praise
32 Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I have compassion for these people; they have already been with me three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, or they may collapse on the way.”
- Jesus’ call to himself
- Jesus’ call to compassion
- If you love me feed (John 21)
- God’s love language is taking care of what He loves
- His mission should be our mission!
- Jesus’ call to be concerned
- Jesus’ call to action v. 33-35
33 His disciples answered, “Where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd?”
34 “How many loaves do you have?” Jesus asked.
“Seven,” they replied, “and a few small fish.”
35 He told the crowd to sit down on the ground.
- Where will provision come from?
- What do you have?
- Sit. Sometimes you can do nothing but give God what you have and watch Him work.
36 Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people.
37 They all ate and were satisfied. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over.
38 The number of those who ate was four thousand men, besides women and children.
- Jesus broke, People served!
- Multiplication is different in Kingdom math
- He is the God of “more than enough”
- Mathew mentions measurable results.
- He is a compassionate God and has called compassionate disciples.
- Don’t tell God what you don’t have trust Him with what you do have.
- Your small yes, turns into a BIG YES from God.